First, thank you to Rave Reviews Book Club for voting me this week’s Spotlight Author! And, a huge thanks to all the members who agreed to host me on their site!
About the Author:
During his high school years, he was a member of the football, basketball and track teams, involved in various non-athletic activities such as school yearbook production and photography, and won numerous awards for his artistic creations. Bruce graduated Valedictorian in 1984.
While in school, Bruce held three part-time jobs; a store clerk, a janitor, and a dental technician, working about 60-70 hours per week. After graduation, he became employed full time as a dental technician. Other jobs have included restaurant manager, carpenter, and grocery store cashier. For the past sixteen years, he has worked as a commercial truck driver, logging more than two million miles.
At the age of fifteen, Bruce decided to become a writer. He began by writing songs, news articles, and short stories. Eventually, books were added to the list. Over the years, he continued to write and currently has a catalog of more than 500 songs, numerous short stories and over a dozen completed books. He writes on a variety of subjects such as fictional novels of legal issues and westerns. Titles include: Inside Room 913, Over My Dead Body, Miscarriage Of Justice, The Journey, and in The Wynn Garrett Series - Mistaken Identity, Holy Terror, Remote Control, Judicial Review, Even Odds, and Safety Hazard.
https://www.facebook.com/ pages/Rave-Reviews-Book-Club/ 271290866357000?fref=ts
Bruce's questions & answers on THIS site:
1. RRBC: What has been the highlight of this journey?
B.B.: The moment I realized I’d gone from the “someday” dream of an aspiring writer to being considered “a writer” by people who do not even know me.
2. RRBC: Rave Reviews Book Club has a mission to help Indie Authors get reviews. Why are reviews so important to an author?
B.B.: Reviews increase visibility and reassure potential buyers the book will not be a waste of their time and money.
3. RRBC: What would you like to see in the future for Indie Authors?
B.B.: To lose the stigma that has been attached. To be viewed on the same level as Traditionally Published Authors - judged by their work and not how they published.
4. RRBC: Any tips for someone considering going Indie vs Traditional Publishing? B.B.: Be prepared for a LOT of work! You are the writer, the editor, publisher, marketer - everything!
5. RRBC: What are your impressions of RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB so far?
B.B.: Being a part of the Governing Board, I may be a bit biased, but the vision and motivation I’ve seen from all TEAM members is quite impressive! All are working hard to make this venture a success.
6. RRBC: How do you think RAVE REVIEWS BOOK CLUB will benefit authors? B.B.: As more members read the author’s books and leave reviews, the visibility for that author increases dramatically. And, the more involved an author is in the support of others, the more support they will receive.
7. RRBC: Will you encourage your friends to join the club?
B.B.: Yes, Definitely.
THANK YOU for stopping by! To read different posts, including excerpts from "Over My Dead Body," please visit all Blog Tour Hosts as found on: